12.13.2009

The last few days have been busy but magnificent. Thursday night was our cafeteria's holiday dinner, which was amazing. The servery was set up with poinsettias, free cookies were given out, and turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, french onion soup, cheesecake and trifle were served - spectacular! Then on Friday morning I had my last exam (physics) and it went really well, too.

Then I bustled home, put on makeup and real clothing for the first time in... a long time, and went skating with some friends in Nathan Phillips Square. We had the greatest time, and went for hot chocolate and to get our photo taken with Santa in the Eaton Centre afterward! It was the ideal winter's day.



After that, I came home and went to Convocation Hall, right across from where I live, to see Stuart McLean with Jasmine who took a bus for four hours to meet me. It was absolutely amazing (I laughed, I cried), and I felt so much more in the Christmas spirit! Also, one of the musicians on tour with him was Jill Barber, who is just amazing.

We then went to Futures for some amazing cake (I had a white chocolate truffle) and apple cider, and came back to my place to watch the Lion King. She went home today, and I spent the rest of my time visiting with Dan and watching made-for-tv Christmas movies with some of my dorm mates.

Tomorrow morning we're getting up early (as in 11:30) to grab brunch (yum!) and watch some more! I'm excited to finally take a break.

This week is, therefore, just full of fun in the city! I'm picking up some cool food goodies for my mom for Christmas from St. Lawrence Market, and Robert's Rules of Order for my step-dad, and I'll certainly go skating a few more times. Looking forward to everything so much.




No comments: